Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Fox And The Crow

We all know the story of the Fox and the Crow. For those who want to recall the storyline, let me help you out with it.
 
Once upon a time, there lived a Fox who was very hungry and could not find anything to eat. Out of the blue, the fox saw a Crow flying off with a piece of cheese in its beak and perching on a branch of a tree.
 
The cunning Fox immediately thought of an evil plan and walked up to the foot of the tree. It started, "Good day, Ms. Crow! You are looking so goergous today with your glossy feathers, bright sparkling eyes and your dazzling beauty. I can tell it for sure that your voice must surpass that of all the other birds, just as how your beauty does. Let me hear but one song from you. In so doing, I will greet you as the Queen of Birds."

The Crow, feeling proud and flattered, lifted up her head and began to caw her best. Unfortunately, the piece of cheese fell to the ground the moment she opened her mouth. The fallen piece was snapped up by the cunning Fox.
"Thank you Ms. Crow! That was all I wanted. In exchange for your cheese, I will give you a piece of advice for the future: Do not trust those who flatter you too much. Do not trust flatterers!"
With that, the Fox walked away happily with the piece of cheese while the poor Crow was left wondering how foolish it has been.


Well, even the Fox knew how to use AD POPULUM - APPEAL TO VANITY. I guess it must have attended Critical Thinking classes.

1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful gal Nidya. I'm sure you can sing well.

    ReplyDelete