Wednesday 11 May 2011

Tapah - The High Tech Place

A few years ago, while I was doing my foundation somewhere in the northern region, there was once this argument in my class between a fellow classmate and me. He is from Tapah and I am from Kuala Lumpur (that is how they classify anyone who comes from Selangor).

He was condemning that Selangor does not have much development compared to his wonderfully hich-tech Tapah. At that time, I was not sure on how developed Tapah was, since I seldom hear that name for any reason at all.

One thing I knew for sure was that I will pass by Tapah on my way back to Selangor by bus. I am a nature-lover and I love sight-seeing while going on a long-distance journey. However, I have never really noticed Tapah on my way back.

So, the next time I went back, I was looking for signboards of Tapah all the way so as to see what is so special about this place until he calls it as being more developed than Selangor. To my shock, when I arrived at Tapah, there was no visible development that can be said as being more advanced than Selangor.

It made me wonder on why that person even initiated that topic in the first place. It was so irrelevant. Since I am a person who love to argue, I waited for him to initiate the same topic again in class. One fine day, he did it again.

As usual he said, "Selangor not nice lah....Tapah is always the best. You should look at the high-tech development at Tapah."

I immediately replied, "Oh yeah...I saw it the last time when I passed it by. It is indeed a very 'high-tech' place with much development and admirable 'skycrapers', but all in green actually."

Since then, he never raise the issue again. Well, at times I guess we really have to use Prejudicial Qualifiers in order to shut some people's mouth.

1 comment: