Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Supergirl Who Killed Ultraman

There is a huge age gap of 10 years between my younger brother and me. When he was a little boy, he used to believe everything that I say. Maybe it because the way I said it was so convincing. He was a great fan of Ultraman then and he used to watch Ultraman series on the television almost every week.

I was so annoyed by the fact that I can not watch my favourite tv programme which was also being aired at the same time on a different channel. I was pissed off on Ultraman and wished that such series do not exist at all. I have even argued for hours with my brother that Ultraman is fictional and does not exist in reality but he just did not want to buy it.

Due to frustration, I started making up stories that there once lived an Ultraman, named Ultraman Leo who was the most powerful Ultraman of all. (I chose this name because I knew that there really existed an Ultraman character with that name but it is just that it was no longer continued). Then, I started continuing the story that we used to be good friends. However, one day we had a squabble over a simple issue which eventually grew up bigger and bigger until it ended up in physical fights.

I was so angry with him that I ended up killing him. My brother did not want to beleive me. He asked me for proof. I smiled and said, "You summon one of your Ultraman here now and we shall ask him whether or not my story is true. Then you will know that I am actually telling you the truth."

With that being said by me, my brother had no other choice than to believe my words and he really did, actually. Eversince, he started looking up to me as if I am a great warrior and he listened to all my words. Now that he got older and wiser, he is not believing such stories anymore. Otherwise, I would have tried some different version of similar stories. How sad...



Anyway, I am always the supergirl who killed Ultraman Leo. Thanks to Petitio Principii - Burden Of Proof Fallacy!


1 comment: